- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
Topic - William Levada
The Vatican has sharply criticized a book on sexuality written by a prominent American nun, saying she has a "defective understanding" of certain core church teachings on such issues as masturbation, homosexuality and marriage.
Levada wrote back that approving gay marriage not only would signal approval of "deviant behavior" but would obscure the value of traditional marriage between man and woman in society.
"The principles of respect and non-discrimination cannot be invoked to support legal recognition of homosexual unions," he wrote.