- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
President wants everyone but himself to pay more
Topic - William Lynch
A state appeals panel has upheld charges against a member of a prominent Rhode Island political family for a car crash involving a police sergeant.
Physical books may have a longer shelf life than expected. Barnes & Noble posted a third-quarter loss on Thursday, partly because demand for its e-books and Nook e-book readers have plummeted.
Opening statements were scheduled to begin Wednesday in the trial of a man accused of beating an aging Jesuit priest who he says molested him and his younger brother more than 35 years ago.
The lighter, slimmer, cheaper new version of Barnes & Noble's e-reader has a black-and-white touch screen and aims squarely at the "grandma" demographic _ or at least customers craving a simpler e-book reader.
The lighter, slimmer, cheaper new version of Barnes & Noble's e-reader has a black-and-white touch screen and aims squarely at the "grandma" demographic - or at least those craving a simpler e-book reader.
"After the hyper growth in the e-book market over the last few years, consumers have settled into their book formats of choice, and while e-books will continue to drive growth in the book category in the future, physical book sales will have a longer tail (or longer life expectancy) than previously anticipated," he said in a call with investors.
"We can't comment further on Len Riggio's plan to make a proposal to purchase the retail business other than to confirm ongoing discussions between Len and the strategic committee of the board," Lynch said Thursday.