- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
William M. Daley
Latest William M. Daley Items
President Barack Obama has chosen Jay Carney, the communications chief to Vice President Joe Biden and a former Time magazine journalist, to be the next White House press secretary.
Over the past two years, President Obama has blamed big banks, Wall Street, corporate executives, trade deals, tax cuts and deregulation for all the nation's ills while presiding over $3.4 trillion in additional debt.
Liberalism was running at full throttle in the Age of Obama until it collided with the 2010 midterm elections, when the American people yelled "Stop!"
Moderate Democrats and the business community on Thursday hailed President Obama's choice of banking executive William Daley as his next chief of staff while some progressive activists balked at the return of a centrist Washington veteran whom they warned would alienate Mr. Obama's left flank ahead of 2012.