- Air Force cadets ‘revolt’ after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard
- Rep. Lee: Paul Ryan out of touch with urban Americans
- House votes down resolution to force Issa to apologize
- Kremlin blocks opposition websites; Kasparov fears Putin plans ‘something drastic’
- Saving trees? EPA wastes $1.5 million storing unneeded pamphlets in warehouse
- Scott Brown Senate bid in New Hampshire may launch soon
- Jeffrey Corzine, son of ex-N.J. governor, dead at 31
- Australian surfing magazine sorry for calling indigenous surfer ‘apeish’
- Records: Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- The Putin problem: U.S. needs Russian rockets for spy satellites
William O. Barnard
Latest William O. Barnard Items
The rice paper and bamboo lights are known as Kongming lanterns in China. The English refer to them as Chinese lanterns. Canadians have dubbed them high-flying fireworks.
Two packages sent to Maryland's governor and transportation secretary that ignited when they were opened contained the same note railing against highway signs urging motorists to report suspicious activity, investigators revealed Friday.