- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
By Tammy Bruce
Topic - William R. Keating
Lawmakers said Wednesday that the FBI is blocking their inquiries into why it closed its files on one of the Boston Marathon bombing suspects after Russia had warned the bureau in 2011 that he might be radicalizing and preparing to join Islamic extremist groups.
Russian intelligence officials told U.S. lawmakers in Moscow that the Boston Marathon attack might have been averted if American authorities had let them know about last year's visit by one of the Chechen-American brothers blamed for the attack.
With new leadership comes new vision. As President Obama mulls over his options for some new faces in his Cabinet, he would be wise to take a page from another revered president of the left.
A judge ruled on Thursday that Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger can force tens of thousands of state workers to take days off without pay to help close a multibillion-dollar budget gap.