- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
By Tom Fitton
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Willie Harris
Previewing the National League.
A team-by-team look at the National League entering spring training, including key players each club acquired and lost, and dates of the first workout for pitchers and catchers, and the full squad:
Mets shortstop Jose Reyes left Sunday's game against Atlanta because of stiffness in his left hamstring, the same spot that landed him on the disabled list last month.
New York Mets outfielder Willie Harris has been put on the bereavement list after his wife went into premature labor and their baby died.
In the progression for Jordan Zimmermann from Nationals' heralded prospect, to Tommy John surgery survivor and back to bona-fide major league right-hander, his performance Friday afternoon on cool, cloudy day in New York City may well go down as one of the seminal moments.
Capsules of National League teams, listed in order of finish last year:
Laynce Nix hit an RBI double in the 10th inning and the Washington Nationals beat a New York Mets split squad Tuesday.
Former Washington Nationals outfielder Willie Harris and the New York Mets have agreed to a minor league contract.
Dillon Gee took a no-hitter into the sixth inning of his major league debut Tuesday night, leading the New York Mets to a 4-1 victory over the Washington Nationals.
Nyjer Morgan had two hits and scored two runs in his return from the disabled list, Willie Harris padded the lead with a two-run homer in the ninth and the Washington Nationals beat the Atlanta Braves 6-2 on Thursday.
Johnny Cueto pitched six innings around a rain delay and drove home two runs Monday night, leading the Cincinnati Reds to a 7-2 victory over the Washington Nationals in a matchup of teams that hadn't been able to score lately.
Ryan Zimmerman hit a sacrifice fly in the ninth inning, giving the Washington Nationals a 2-1 victory over the New York Mets on Thursday night.