- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Latest Willie Meggs Items
The prosecutor overseeing the investigation of sexual assault allegations against Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston said Wednesday that it is completed.
State Attorney Willie Meggs has said he wanted to make sure prosecutors completed a thorough investigation before making a final decision on sexual assault allegations against Florida State quarterback.
State Attorney Willie Meggs said Saturday it is unlikely that a final decision will be made before Thanksgiving on whether to charge Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston in a sexual assault case.
The prosecutor leading the investigation of the sexual assault allegation made against Florida State's Jameis Winston said Friday there are still "four or five" things that still need to be done before a final decision is made on whether to bring charges against the quarterback.
Winston's lawyer Tim Jansen said at a press conference Thursday morning that the sex between his client and the accuser "absolutely" was consensual, but then retreated when pressed by reporters who asked him to confirm what he just said.
There was a lot of finger-pointing Thursday in the sexual assault investigation involving Florida State's Jameis Winston after a DNA report linking the quarterback to the alleged victim was leaked to the media.
The lawyer for Florida State's Jameis Winston criticized State Attorney Willie Meggs Sunday for his public comments about the ongoing sexual assault investigation of the Seminoles' quarterback and for how the prosecutor has handled the probe.
Prosecutors are setting up an interview with the victim in the investigation of an alleged sexual assault tied to Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston that was reported nearly a year ago. They expect to close the investigation in a few weeks.
Prosecutors on Wednesday dropped resisting arrest and perjury charges against Florida State cornerback and return specialist Greg Reid.