- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
By Tammy Bruce
Topic - Wilson
Matchups for the Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Association boys basketball tournament, beginning with Saturday's first round. First number is district and place, second is season record.
Matchups for the Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Association girls basketball tournament, beginning with first-round games on Friday. First number is district and place, second is season record.
The smallest club at Wilson High School was huddled around senior Jason Perry during an afternoon meeting in late January, listening to its leader give instructions about camera angles. The Tiger Sports Network, created by Perry just six months ago, had a busy day ahead. The four-man team would have to shoot a wrestling match and a swimming meet later that afternoon - and Perry knew exactly where he wanted each of his videographers positioned at the events.
First-round pairings for the PIAA Class AAA wrestling championships Thursday at the Giant Center in Hershey. Wrestlers' names are followed by school, regional finish, grade and record. (x-denotes returning champion.)
DUNCANVILLE 80, SAN ANTONIO WAGNER 57
The list of candidates who filed Feb. 10-28 with the North Carolina State Board of Elections for selected statewide and federal offices, with name as to be listed on ballot, hometown or address provided and party (when applicable). For General Assembly, Superior Court judge, District Court judge and district attorney candidates, go to http://www.ncsbe.gov
Newspapers from Swansboro, Wake Forest, Waynesville, Sanford, Shelby and Fayetteville won General Excellence Awards from the North Carolina Press Association at its annual meeting Thursday.
Jasiah Macon can't sit still.
A Dubuque couple did not intend to name their sons after U.S. presidents, but once they realized their pattern, they kept going.
A 31-year-old Harlan man who shot a woman and her infant son in Council Bluffs has been given 25 years in an Iowa prison.
The doors opened and the sounds of "Pretty Woman" - by request - spilled into the cold, night air. Warm light filled the inside as bodies shuffled and gently jostled each other. The dance floor looked like a fluid mass as people moved in and out. Bargoers two-stepped, dipped, danced swing and even some traditional waltz.
Three decades after it was stolen, a 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air has been returned to a Northern California man - in better shape than when he originally owned it.
The campaign for a $15 an hour minimum wage in Seattle is targeting 25 fast-food burger restaurants Thursday with what it calls "boycott McPoverty."
The Butts County coroner says a man appears to have died from hypothermia after spending hours outside during a winter storm that dumped ice, snow and freezing rain on northern and central Georgia.