- George Zimmerman will not be charged in domestic dispute
- Russian officials press bilateral U.S. trade deal
- Selfies at Funerals blog creator retires after Obama flub: ‘Our work here is done’
- New Obama adviser Podesta is against Keystone but will steer clear of pipeline deliberations
- 40 Australian adults, children found in ‘one of the worst accounts of incest ever made public’
- Venezuela’s Maduro calls on student ‘price vigilantes’ to hit the streets, report businesses
- Atheists smug as Hindus join Satanists to demand display at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Bow before Valkyrie, NASA’s ‘superhero robot’ entry in DARPA challenge
- 10-year-old Pennsylvania boy suspended for pretend bow-and-arrow shooting
- Tea partiers turn on Capitol Hill budget deal
Latest Wimbledon Items
The retractable roof at Wimbledon's Centre Court was closed on Day 1 of this year's tournament because of rain.
Five-time champion Venus Williams, back on her favorite grass surface, swept into the second round of Wimbledon on Monday with a straight-set win over 97th-ranked Akgul Amanmuradova of Uzbekistan.
Ten-time major champion Rafael Nadal says he's "very far" from Roger Federer's record of 16 Grand Slam titles, because "six is a lot."
Having won four of the past five Grand Slam tournaments and 10 in all, Rafael Nadal was asked on the eve of Wimbledon about quickly closing in on Roger Federer's record of 16.
His 43-match winning streak broken but his well-known sense of humor still intact, Novak Djokovic was ready for some tough questions on the eve of Wimbledon.
For all that Maria Sharapova already has accomplished in tennis, a Grand Slam title now would be more gratifying than those from the past.
Two simple words at the end of a June 7 tweet said it all: "Serena's back!"
"Give me a little cheer because I really need it!" Serena Williams said this week after winning her first match in 11 trauma-filled months. "I'm so happy to be back."
The longest-match rematch is coming to Wimbledon: John Isner and Nicolas Mahut will play each other in the first round.