- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Winsome Packer
Defense Secretary Leon E. Panetta said Tuesday he does not think Israel has made a decision to launch a military strike on Iran to thwart its nuclear ambitions.
First lady Michelle Obama is challenging assertions she's forcefully imposed her will on White House aides, saying she's tired of people portraying her as "some kind of angry black woman."
Before she is laid to rest, Betty Ford will be memorialized in the Southern California desert region that she and her rehab center made famous.
A conservative legal group said Wednesday the congressional ethics office is looking into allegations that Florida congressman Alcee L. Hastings sexually harassed a female former aide.
The Supreme Court rejected for the second time a challenge to President Obama's eligibility to serve as president because of the unsubstantiated claim that he was not born in the United States.
Winsome Packer served as the commission's staff representative in Vienna and claims Mr. Hastings repeatedly made unwanted sexual advances when he visited on business for the commission, which advises on U.S. policy about security, human rights and other issues involving Europe.
Ms. Packer says Mr. Hastings asked several times to stay at her apartment or to get her to visit his hotel room in Vienna, Austria, when she worked as staff representative and he was co-chairman of the Helsinki Commission.