- Rush Limbaugh: ‘There is no journalism anymore’
- Scott Brown struggles for political traction in New Hampshire Senate race
- California’s Jerry Brown cites God, ‘religious call’ to embrace illegals
- Hamid Karzai’s cousin killed by suicide bomber at Eid al-Fitr party
- Obama thanks Muslims for ‘building the very fabric of our nation’
- Israel flattens home of top Hamas leader, takes out power plant
- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
Topic - Winston Lord
"He's supremely experienced in having been head of this committee for so long and dealing with every conceivable issue," said Winston Lord, who served as U.S. ambassador to China during Reagan's second term and later as an assistant secretary of state under President Clinton.
"The three of them were Vietnam War heroes," said Mr. Lord, adding that the bipartisan group overcame fierce resistance from some veterans groups at home to see the normalization through.