- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Winter Olympic Games
Latest Winter Olympic Games Items
Ukraine delivered a pointed message by sending out only a single flag-bearer to represent the 23-strong team in the athletes' parade, an apparent protest at the presence of Russian troops in Ukraine's Crimean peninsula.
NBC's "Today" show didn't leave its mojo in Sochi and is feeling newly energized in the program's perpetual battle with ABC's dominant "Good Morning America."
With a solitary Ukrainian athlete taking part in the opening ceremony, Russian President Vladimir Putin opened the Winter Paralympics in Sochi on Friday against the backdrop of his country's military action in Crimea.
A week after the Winter Olympics came to a close, possible future Olympians from around the country are competing in the USSA Junior National Cross-Country Skiing Championships.
Two parades are scheduled for later this month in the Adirondacks to honor the region's athletes who competed at the Winter Olympics in Russia, including medal winners Andrew Weibrecht and Erin Hamlin.
A left wing with 13 goals and 19 assists this season under former Washington coach Bruce Boudreau, Penner has spent six of his nine NHL seasons playing in the Los Angeles area with the Ducks or Kings and helped both franchises win a Stanley Cup.
The Nielsen ratings company has raised its estimate of Sunday's Oscars viewership to 43.7 million people, meaning the Ellen DeGeneres-hosted show had the biggest audience of any Academy Awards since 2000.
Capitals forward Martin Erat, unhappy with his ice time, asked for a trade months ago. Less than 24 hours before the NHL's trade deadline, he finally got his wish.
Recent editorials from South Carolina newspapers: