- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Latest Wojtek Wolski Items
Wolski broke his 11-game goal drought Tuesday, scoring at a crucial time in the Washington Capitals' victory over the Boston Bruins. But it was his all-around performance that kept the forward in the lineup for Thursday night's game against Florida.
Oates made it well-known to his players when he arrived that the Caps were a team of opportunity. "He's an honest coach. He said that from Day One that hard work's going to pay off around here," Matt Hendricks said. "Do the systems correctly, work hard at what you do and you'll be rewarded."
Brooks Laich has made it well-known that while he's fine with protocol and trainers doing their job, he'd rather fight through an injury than be forced out of a game. The Washington Capitals forward hasn't missed one since March, 30, 2010.
George McPhee saw the landscape of unrestricted free agency and the dangers it entailed. It was a players market, with not a lot of talent available and plenty of teams with money to throw around.
Wojtek Wolski isn't a player worth just above the league minimum. At least he shouldn't be.