- Ukraine will compete in Sochi Paralympics despite Crimea conflict
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
By Tammy Bruce
Topic - Woodrow Wilson High School
On the same day the Nationals announced their signing of catcher Chris Snyder, the team reached minor league deals with two other players.
The D.C. State Athletic Association on Tuesday upheld a decision to bar Woodrow Wilson High School's football team from the Turkey Bowl on Thursday for using an ineligible player in the run-up to the public school system's championship game, citing evidence the student used Metro to commute to school from Maryland and held a driver's license from the Old Line State.
Woodrow Wilson High School's football team was disqualified from this week's Turkey Bowl after D.C. school officials learned that one of the players lives in Maryland.
Kenyan McDuffie had taken only a few steps into the D.C. Council chamber on Wednesday when a standing-room-only crowd applauded and cheered wildly for the newly elected lawmaker.
Randy Denchfield was a student at Woodrow Wilson High School in Northwest when he bought his first car, a slightly used 1962 Chevrolet Impala SS convertible. For a brief time he thoroughly enjoyed the Honduras-maroon car with its 327-cubic-inch V-8 engine mated to a manual transmission with a four-on-the-floor shifter. Then came his draft notification.
This school year in the nation's capital began like many others in recent years, with a noticeable student-population decline and low graduation rate.