- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
World Series Championship
Latest World Series Championship Items
Boston Red Sox executive Theo Epstein has agreed to a five-year contract with the Chicago Cubs, according to multiple media reports.
The Terry Francona era is over in Boston. In a joint statement released on Friday, the Red Sox announced they will not pick up the option on Francona's contract in the wake of the team's September collapse.
A great manager can steal a half-dozen games a season, tops, but he gets to hold court before and after each and every one. That's when Ozzie Guillen's genius really shines, and why he's the rare skipper who can write his own ticket.
Away from the madness of a cigar party for a moment, Jim Leyland nearly cried. For everybody who figured there was no way he would manage the Tigers beyond this season, for all those who couldn't envision a comeback after Detroit fell behind by eight games in early May, Leyland sat in his office puffing on his own celebratory stogie, a black "2011 MLB Playoffs" hat on his head. Detroit is AL Central champion.
A series that for so long has been billed as an early September showdown between division rivals has suddenly turned into San Francisco's last stand.
The start time of the Little League World Series championship game Sunday between Japan and California has been pushed back to 3 p.m. EDT because of Tropical Storm Irene.
Alex Rodriguez finally returned to the New York Yankees lineup on Sunday, more than a month and a half after he hit the disabled list with a knee injury that sapped the power from his swing.
Montana had never had a team in the Little League World Series. So, a couple weeks ago, 12-year-old Andy Maehl asked his Billings coach if their team was ready to make history.
Montana had never had a team in the Little League World Series. So, a couple of weeks ago, 12-year-old Andy Maehl asked his Billings coach if their team was ready to make history.