- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
World Series Championships
Latest World Series Championships Items
Hall of Fame pitcher Nolan Ryan had a blazing fastball, the first ever clocked at 100 mph, during 27 seasons that included 5,714 strikeouts and seven no-hitters. Mariano Rivera has used a devastating, bat-cracking cutter for a record 608 saves to be part of five World Series championships with the New York Yankees.
Joe Torre thinks pitcher Roger Clemens belongs in the Hall of Fame even though the seven-time Cy Young Award winner has been connected to performance-enhancing drugs.
Joe Torre is returning to the dugout next year _ to manage the United States at the World Baseball Classic.
Andy Pettitte will be back on the mound in the Bronx on Sunday, and the New York Yankees are hoping he can again be a reliable presence in their rotation.
For 15 years, Mariano Rivera has decided when the game ends.
Chris Carpenter has nerve irritation that has caused weakness in his pitching shoulder and the St. Louis Cardinals' ace will be sidelined indefinitely.
The Toronto Blue Jays have assembled a team with the potential to become a division champion this year _ just about anywhere else except in the American League East.
A teenage Curt Schilling got a paper route so he could afford an Apple II just like the one his Little League coach owned.
Jorge Posada is planning to retire after 17 seasons with the New York Yankee rather than pursue opportunities with other teams.