- No mas: Principal bans Spanish language in intercom announcement
- Hacking software could put ‘zombie drone army’ in user’s hands
- Support for stricter gun laws drops: poll
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
- John Boehner faces bipartisan pressure to allow gay-rights vote
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
- Rep. Duncan Hunter: While Obama prays for Iranian change, U.S. should ready its nukes
- Best company ever? Veteran Beer Co. exists to employ vets, provide quality beer
- Iran official: Sanctions ‘utterly failed’ to stop nuclear program
- ‘Black Santa’ display at IU sparks student outrage
Latest World Series Items
George Brett predicts the 3,000th hit of Derek Jeter's career will be harder to get than the first.
Hit No. 3,000 was a big enough deal for Roberto Clemente that he couldn't sleep after a scorer's decision cost him the mark. Still, a crowd of just 13,117 turned out in Pittsburgh for the Saturday afternoon game when he doubled for what would be both the biggest and last regular season hit of a Hall of Fame career.
Pick a moment.
Buck Showalter helped give the Texas Rangers a glimpse of what they hoped to become when they stayed in playoff contention until an 11-inning loss during the final week of the 2004 season.
Joel Hanrahan planned to spend the break buying a couch. Matt Joyce figured to be out on a boat. Ryan Vogelsong, well, there was no telling where he might be these days.
Based on that final balloting update, it appears the American League starting lineup for the All-Star game will be loaded with Yankees and Red Sox.
The memories of a thrilling NBA season might have to last for a while.
The NBA locked out its players Friday when its collective bargaining agreement expired, becoming the second pro sports league shut down by labor strife.
The Nationals play their first home game under Davey Johnson on Friday, and his 0-3 record since taking the helm hasn't diminished our giddiness by one iota. Did you know his 1986 New York Mets had five losing streaks of three or more games en route to winning the World Series?