- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
- Detroit porch shooting trial: Suspect says he didn’t know gun was loaded
Latest World Series Items
When the Virginia Cavaliers step out of the home dugout and look out over Davenport Field they see the College World Series logo with "2009" printed on the center-field wall.
The white uniforms circa 1918 were a nice touch, though perhaps the Red Sox should have stopped there. While nothing screams retro more than a guy with a megaphone announcing the next hitter, he might have at least learned how to pronounce Kosuke Fukudome's name before trying to yell it out to everyone at Fenway Park.
Cliff Lee last saw the Texas Rangers when he pitched for them in the World Series.
Cliff Lee last saw a Texas Rangers uniform when he pitched for them in the World Series.
If Chicago has been willing to believe that a cow caused the Great Chicago Fire, maybe it will buy this one: The White Sox got the idea to throw the 1919 World Series after the Cubs did the same thing one year earlier.
Pat Gillick spent his professional career evaluating baseball talent, and his skill at the job took him all the way to Cooperstown. So when Gillick toured the Baseball Hall of Fame on Tuesday in preparation for his July 24 induction, his scouting instincts took over.
Bruce Bochy pulled a prank on a few of his players late in spring training, bringing them into his Scottsdale Stadium office and showing them an inexpensive ring from the Dominican Summer League. He insisted it was a preview of their World Series jewelry to come.
The grand opening of the new home for the College World Series has been declared a sellout.
Bruce Bochy has already picked the Phillies as his World Series favorite, and that's coming from the manager who knows something about Philadelphia's aces.