- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - World Trade Center Towers
The World Trade Center is a complex of buildings under construction in Lower Manhattan, New York City, United States, replacing an earlier complex of seven buildings with the same name on the same site. The original World Trade Center featured landmark twin towers, which opened on April 4, 1973 and were destroyed in the September 11 attacks of 2001, along with 7 World Trade Center. The other buildings in the complex were damaged in the attacks, and their ruins were eventually demolished. The site is being rebuilt with five new skyscrapers and a memorial to those killed in the attacks. As of August 2013, only one skyscraper has been completed; and 2 others have been topped out. The remaining 3 are expected to be completed before 2020. One World Trade Center will be the lead building for the new complex, reaching more than 100 stories at its completion. It became the tallest building in New York City on April 30, 2012, and is now topped out. It is expected to officially open for business in 2014. A sixth tower is awaiting confirmation. - Source: Wikipedia
Two New Jersey men were sentenced Friday for running a 9/11 scam that collected thousands of dollars from T-shirt sales but gave nothing to victims' families as promised.
A new U.S. Navy ship named to honor 40 passengers and crew killed when their hijacked United Airlines flight crashed as they fought with terrorists during the Sept. 11 attacks was put into service in Philadelphia Saturday.
When Naomi Campbell first ventured in front of a camera to earn her keep there really was no such thing as a supermodel.
A group tied to al Qadea in Iraq's Anbar province has started issuing paper bills with the images of Osama bin Laden and of the World Trade Center towers.
Amid the revelry of Super Bowl week, there is at least one spot in New York that remains quiet and reflective.
Texas Rangers third base coach Gary Pettis still has vivid memories of that day 12 years ago, when two hijacked jets were flown into the World Trade Center towers.
Officials at Boston's Logan International Airport are apologizing for holding a fire drill, complete with smoke and flames, on the 12th anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.
NEW YORK — Far below the earth where the twin towers once stood, a cavernous museum on hallowed ground is finally nearing completion.