- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
World Trade Center
Latest World Trade Center Items
Three U.S. citizens were killed in last week's hostage standoff at a natural-gas complex in Algeria, while seven Americans made it out safely, Obama administration officials said Monday.
Workers using two giant cranes on the 104th-floor roof of 1 World Trade Center have installed the first piece of the spire that will make it the tallest building in the Western Hemisphere.
The New York City financial services firm that lost the most workers in the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center in 2001 announced that it will "adopt" 19 schools in communities hit hard by Superstorm Sandy and give a total of $10 million to families with children in those schools.
The most comprehensive study of potential World Trade Center-related cancers raises more questions than it answers and won't end a debate over whether the attacks were really a cause.
The most comprehensive study of potential World Trade Center-related cancers raises more questions than it answers and won't end a debate over whether the attacks were a cause.
Some well-known male chefs are getting behind a New Jersey girl's call for Hasbro to make a gender-neutral version of the venerable Easy-Bake Oven.
Some well-known male chefs are getting behind a New Jersey girl's call for Hasbro to make a gender-neutral Easy-Bake Oven.
President Obama said Wednesday that U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Susan E. Rice has been "extraordinary" as he sought to boost the embattled diplomat's prospects on Capitol Hill, where she has been trying to smooth the way for a possible promotion to secretary of state but has stumbled in meetings with key Republican senators.
United Airlines cannot be held responsible for the hijacking of an American Airlines flight and the collapse of a third World Trade Center building after the twin towers fell in the Sept. 11 attacks, a federal judge ruled Wednesday.