- House and Senate negotiators reach two-year budget deal
- Congress seeks ban on in-flight calls
- Michelle Malkin’s Twitchy site sold to owners of Townhall, HotAir: report
- GM’s Barra to be first woman to run top American carmaker
- China: Poisonous smog is a military asset, if you think about it
- Texas woman admits to sending ricin to Obama
- Ron Paul on son Rand: ‘I think he probably will’ run for president
- Cold War heats up again in the Arctic: Russian airfield reactivated after 20 years
- 6-year-old boy suspended for sexual harassment over kiss
- Voters deciding Mass. congressional contest
W.W. Norton & Co.
Latest W.W. Norton & Co. Items
A biography of author Philip Roth written with his cooperation has been acquired by publisher W.W. Norton & Co.
Whether you're talking about his personal history or his fiction, there's very little about Charles Michael "Chuck" Palahniuk that could be described as conventional.
This is a well-researched, highly readable book that effectively analyzes the relationship of the two leaders. But its subtitle, "The Difficult Relationship," is off the mark. A more accurate one would have been "A Warm Relationship in Difficult Times."
Italian security officers listened, via hidden microphones, as an instructor lectured a group of aspiring terrorists in Milan. Apparently brandishing a mobile phone, he said, "Do you see this? This was created by an enemy of God. You can't imagine how many operations this has made fail and how many arrests it has caused. You can use it to communicate. It's fast. But it causes you huge problems. They created it, and they know how to intercept it."