- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
By Michael P. Orsi
Edward Snowden should declare his patriotism in court
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Xavier Avery
A .284 career hitter, Morse slumped to a .226 average with 13 homers and 27 RBI in 76 games in his return to Seattle after four years in Washington, where he set career highs with 31 homers and 95 RBI in 2011.
The Baltimore Orioles have activated infielder Wilson Betemit from the 15-day disabled list and recalled three players from Triple-A Norfolk.
The Washington area will be well-represented in the women's 800-meter freestyle at the London Olympics, as Katie Ledecky and Kate Ziegler qualified for the Games on Sunday night in Omaha, Neb., with the second- and third-fastest times in the world this year.