- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Xavier Items
A former Balsam Lake man has been sentenced to 10 years in prison for abuse that led to the death of his young son.
Two straight losses have hurt Georgetown's postseason outlook. We look at the damage and what fixer upper opportunities remain available with four games remaining.
Semaj Christon scored 15 points and Isaiah Philmore had 10 Tuesday, leading Xavier past longtime rival Butler 64-50.
Gone are Xavier, Butler, Temple and Charlotte — the first two to the Big East, the Owls to the American Athletic Conference and the 49ers to Conference USA. George Mason moves in from the Colonial Athletic Association and Davidson will join for 2014-15 from the Southern Conference.
A Texas mother of six not only wrestled a knife away from an alleged carjacker who attacked while some of her children were in the vehicle, but then turned the tables and turned aggressor.
The breakaway basketball schools kept the Big East name and the conference tournament in Madison Square Garden. In return, they left behind tens of millions of dollars to the football members.
Georgetown, St. John's, Villanova, Seton Hall, Providence, Marquette and DePaul are taking the Big East name with them as they form a new league for next season.
If the A-10 indeed earns five NCAA bids, that could possibly tie it for third among all conferences, behind just the Big East and Big Ten, based on some current (and of course ever-changing) projections.
Notre Dame announced the move Tuesday, six months after it surprised the college sports world by opting to join the ACC in all sports except football and hockey.