- Iran touts new laser that bolsters missile accuracy
- Satanists petition for statue at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Deadly N.Y. train derailment leads to Senate call for cameras at tracks
- WWII vet, 90, en route to Pearl Harbor event booted from flight
- SWAT team at Phoenix hospital as armed man clears emergency room
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle dragged from political meeting, booted from party
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Thai prime minister dissolves Parliament, calls elections
- Hagel to meet with Pakistan’s prime minister
- Kiev: Riot police deployed near protest sites
By Brahma Chellaney
Beijing's creeping aggression signals a challenge to U.S. presence in the Asian Pacific
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Yale-New Haven Hospital
Yale-New Haven Hospital (abbreviated YNHH), Connecticut's largest hospital with 966 beds, as well as the largest hospital in New England, is located in New Haven, Connecticut. - Source: Wikipedia
An elderly Connecticut man pestered by a raccoon decided to lie in wait at his New Haven home with a .22 caliber rifle, but ended up accidentally shooting himself after sneezing and falling from his chair.
Just three weeks before her due date, former Olympic runner Meskerem Legesse collapsed at a Chinese restaurant in Connecticut and died, but doctors were able to save her baby.
The federal Clery Act requires colleges to report campus crime statistics in a timely manner, and accompany those statistics with pertinent safety advisements — but apparently Yale didn't get the memo. The Ivy League school's been fined $165,000 for failing to report its local crime numbers.
Police say someone driving a rental truck into a parking area at the Yale-Harvard game accelerated into three women, killing one and injuring the other two.
In a spectacular turnabout, hospitals are treating almost all major heart attack patients within the recommended 90 minutes of arrival, a study finds. Five years ago, fewer than half of patients got their clogged arteries opened that fast.
In a spectacular turnabout, hospitals are treating almost all major heart attack patients within the recommended 90 minutes of arrival, a new study finds. Just five years ago, less than half of them got their clogged arteries opened that fast.
New Haven, the final tennis stop prior to the U.S. Open, no longer has a title sponsor or a men's draw, but organizers say they are confident of the tournament's future because it does have a very big name behind it _ Yale University.
New Haven's professional tennis tournament is becoming a women's-only event, with Yale University and a couple of major corporations replacing a single title sponsor.