- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Yankees
The New York Yankees are an American professional baseball team based in The Bronx borough of New York that competes in Major League Baseball (MLB) in the American League's (AL) East Division. One of the AL's eight charter franchises, the club was founded in Baltimore, Maryland in 1901 as the Baltimore Orioles. - Source: Wikipedia
Yankees fifth starter candidate Michael Pineda struck out four and gave up one hit over two shutout innings in his first spring training start, New York's 3-2 victory over the Detroit Tigers on Friday night.
Derek Jeter spoke for 25 minutes, 44 seconds and answered 26 questions about his decision to retire at the end of this season.
Jeter, who will turn 40 in June, has been a fixture in the middle of the Yankees' infield since 1996 after breaking into the majors the previous season.
Yankees manager Joe Girardi says Major League Baseball would accept an openly gay player.
Yankees President Randy Levine is switching law firms.
In addition to the deal with the 25-year-old right-hander, the Yankees must pay a $20 million fee to his Japanese team, the Rakuten Golden Eagles.
The Yankees talked frugality, then reverted to their high-spending ways.
With many wearing Converse Chuck Taylor All-Star sneakers and blue jeans in his honor, late baseball players' union head Michael Weiner was remembered during a memorial service Monday night for his courage and grace.
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Don Mattingly will be back as manager of the Los Angeles Dodgers next season with a new three-year contract that takes him through 2016, quieting speculation that his future with the club was somehow in doubt.
Yankees President Randy Levine testified at Alex Rodriguez's grievance hearing Tuesday and denied conspiring with Major League Baseball on the 211-game suspension given to the New York third baseman last summer.
Yankees President Randy Levine has been told to be ready to testify Tuesday at Alex Rodriguez's grievance hearing to overturn his 211-game suspension.
Yankees President Randy Levine headed to Major League Baseball's office to testify Tuesday at Alex Rodriguez's grievance hearing to overturn his 211-game suspension.
Baseball's annual gathering of general managers began Monday when $14.1 million qualifying offers were turned down by all 13 free agents who received them from their former teams, a group that included Jacoby Ellsbury, Mike Napoli and Stephen Drew of the World Series champion Boston Red Sox.
Baseball's most acclaimed relief pitcher made an emotional exit in his final appearance in the Yankees' home pinstripes, when captain Derek Jeter and Andy Pettitte came to the mound to remove him with two outs in the ninth inning of a 4-0 loss to the Tampa Bay Rays on Thursday night.