- Pistorius trial: Police conduct faces scrutiny
- Gaza militants fire large rocket barrage at Israel
- CBO chief: Projected job loss numbers from minimum wage hike are fluid
- Rep. Rangel: ‘No question’ Harlem explosion is result of gas leak, not terrorism
- Dog left in car blasts horn for 15 minutes
- DCCC chair hopes Alex Sink will run again in November
- U.S., allies threaten ‘further action’ against Russia
- Obama to order businesses to hike overtime pay for salary workers
- Last laugh: Marine vet fires off jokes from the grave with own obituary
- Deportations come mostly from border, DHS chief says
Yarmouk Refugee Camp
Latest Yarmouk Refugee Camp Items
Syrian military forces are using starvation as a weapon of war after blockading a Palestinian refugee camp on the outskirts of Damascus, Amnesty International said Monday.
The relief agency supporting Palestinian refugees resumed food distribution inside the rebel-held district of the Syrian capital that has suffered from crippling shortages of food and medicine for months, a United Nations spokesman said Thursday.
Days of intense fighting in a Palestinian refugee camp subsided Thursday, and some of the more than 100,000 residents who fled the violence in the capital Damascus began to trickle back, activists and officials said.
Syrian government forces are carrying out a broad offensive against rebels in the suburbs of Damascus, the state media said Wednesday, as the United Nations appealed for a billion dollars to support rising numbers of Syrian refugees.
Syrian troops carried out a broad offensive against rebels in the suburbs of Damascus, the state media said Wednesday, as the United Nations appealed for $1 billion to support rising numbers of Syrian refugees.