- Albania bank loses $7M in theft; police arrest 2
- Gov. Mike Pence irked as Obama sends illegals to Indiana on sly
- Israel, White House say Obama phone call to demand cease-fire was fake
- Nancy Pelosi: Deporting kids un-Christian, sends them ‘into a burning building’
- Islamist militants seize special forces base in Benghazi, Libya
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women’s fitness tests
- Israel accused of striking U.N. school, killing at least 15
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
Topic - Yasser Borhami
There's always someone with a chip on their shoulder, even during a worldwide party. An Egyptian cleric has labeled the World Cup a destroyer of nations, The Associated Press reported.
One of Egypt's most prominent ultraconservative Muslim clerics had high praise for the country's draft constitution. Speaking to fellow clerics, he said this was the charter they had long wanted, ensuring that laws and rights would be strictly subordinated to Islamic law.
After Mr. Borhami was asked to clarify his statement, he said, "I just said 'Don't waste your time.'"
Mr. Borhami said the games could be seen as "haram," or against Islam, if soccer fans neglect their religious duties in favor of watching the games.