- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
- Ronnie Biggs of ‘Great Train Robbery’ fame dies, 84
- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
- Rep. Steve Stockman: Give my campaign $10, and you’ll get an Obama barf bag
- Putin: Russia to buy $15 billion in Ukraine bonds
- Expert: Obamacare ‘death spiral’ fears exaggerated
- Alabama firefighters dig for survivors of apartment blast
- Big Sur wildfire destroys home of firefighting chief
- ‘ ’Twas the Night Before Christmas’ set for mock trial to argue authorship
- Angela Merkel’s third term as Germany’s chancellor to be marked by move to left
By John R. Bolton
The president fiddles at his domestic altar while the world burns
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Yevgeniya Akhmedzhanova
Russia's president on Sunday ordered an investigation of electoral fraud in last week's parliamentary elections after thousands of protesters rallied against the election results in the most massive demonstrations in the country's post-Soviet history.
"I'd never been to a protest before, but after I saw what went on at the polls, I felt I had no choice but to join in," said media professional Yevgeniya Akhmedzhanova. "I felt so insulted."