- Obama downplays IRS scandal, blames Obamacare rollout on ‘outdated’ agencies
- Pregnancies decline overall, up among older women
- Pentagon plans to destroy Syrian chemical arms on ship at sea
- Paris Metro issues ‘politeness manual’ to improve passengers’ behavior
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
- Lee Rigby trial: Muslim who machete-hacked soldier calls it ‘humane’ kill
- GM ending Chevy sales in Europe to focus on Opel and Vauxhall
- Putin’s diplomats to U.S. busted for living high life off $1.5M bilked from Medicaid
- Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
- Boehner: It took me 3 to 4 hours to sign up for Obamacare
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Yoav Galant
Iraqi security forces are operating a "secret detention site" in north Baghdad, and elite teams are torturing detainees at a separate facility in the capital, Human Rights Watch charged on Tuesday.
KEREM SHALOM, Israel (AP) — Hamas suicide bombers detonated two booby-trapped jeeps at an Israeli border crossing yesterday in what a top army commander said was Hamas' most ambitious attempt to target Israelis since Israel's pullout from the Gaza Strip in 2005.
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip — Palestinian gunmen broke through Israel's heavily fortified Gaza border and battled troops inside Israel for about two hours yesterday in a failed attempt to abduct an Israeli soldier. One of the raiders was killed.
Israeli Maj. Gen. Yoav Galant said the quick reaction of the soldiers "prevented an attack, apparently a kidnap."
The attack on Kerem Shalom started at about 6 a.m., Gen. Galant said.