- Extra-time goal gives Germany World Cup title over Argentina
- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
Topic - Young Helene
There is no shortage of books, fiction and nonfiction, relating events occurring in Germany during the days before and during World War II. The atmosphere prevalent during that time and the cruelty and inhumanity of what went on are not unfamiliar even to readers who do not remember the time firsthand.
When he dies just as they are about to announce their engagement, Helene is devastated; she "found herself in a dilemma ...