- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez: Senate Dems wary of immigration politics
- Summer camp for 1 percenters: Sushi, limos and shopping at FAO Schwarz
- Colorado gun crackdown law found to be built on faulty data
- Hank Aaron steps to fundraising plate for Democrat Michelle Nunn
- ISIL terrorists blow up burial site of Jonah, vow more of same
Youth Rehabilitation Services
Latest Youth Rehabilitation Services Items
A 19-year-old arrested Friday in connection with the violent sexual assault of two women within the same week and another youth due to be sentenced this month in a similar crime are both wards of the Department of Youth Rehabilitation Services (DYRS), according to multiple sources at the agency.
Takisha Brown had barely gotten her feet wet as elected chairwoman of the Fraternal Order of Police union representing 200 youth-corrections officers when she sensed trouble.
The former chief of committed services for the D.C. Department of Youth Rehabilitation Services (DYRS), David Muhammad, has resigned from his post as Alameda County's chief probation officer, after an investigation by California authorities into accusations by a female subordinate that he sexually molested her.
A D.C. woman who walked away from a group home while under the care of the Department of Youth Rehabilitation Services is expected to plead guilty Tuesday to second-degree murder and other charges related to a deadly robbery attempt in North Carolina in 2010, authorities said.
The former chief of committed services for the D.C. Department of Youth Rehabilitation Services (DYRS) was accused of stalking and molesting a female subordinate in the District years before similar accusations recently surfaced against him while chief probation officer in Alameda County, Calif.
Despite a D.C. law that requires a social worker's license to perform "psychosocial evaluation and assessment, counseling, and consultation" for those who work with youth offenders, only five of more than 30 case managers in the Department of Youth Rehabilitation Services possess such a license.
The Department of Youth Rehabilitation Services abruptly fired health services administrator Dr. Andrea Weisman last week, leaving a gap in expertise in an area central to its mission, sources at the troubled agency said Thursday.
A female employee of the Department of Youth Rehabilitation Services (DYRS) has accused her male supervisor of forcing her to perform oral sex in his office over a period of several months, prompting investigations by local police, D.C. officials and the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).
A ward of the city with a history of escape absconded from Thurgood Marshall Baltimore Washington International Airport on Sunday as he was being transported back to the metropolitan region for a court appearance, officials with the Department of Youth Rehabilitation Services (DYRS) said.