- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- Sen. Claire McCaskill to tackle sex assault at college next
- Judge’s order preserves NSA surveillance records
- Refurbished Pollock masterpiece goes on display
- Iditarod becomes mad dash for Nome
- ‘Burger King baby’ now seeks birth mom on Facebook
- Study: 2 percent of Americans have new hips, knees
- Friend: Pistorius shot gun out car without warning
- States wrestle with developing, restricting drones
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
Topic - Zachary Meerdink
An Iowa man who was accused of animal torture for beating to death his 7-month-old puppy with a baseball bat can go free, an appeals court ruled, angering activists who saw the case as a clear-cut example of intentional cruelty.
And Mr. Meerdink didn't seem happy either before or after the beating, he said.