- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
- Former Reagan aide James Baker: President regretted apartheid veto
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Zeb Colter
Introduced to a national television audience less than two weeks ago, World Wrestling Entertainment’s newest villains Jack Swagger and Zeb Colter embody every unpalatable Tea Party stereotype. Xenophobic at best, downright racist at worst, possessing truly terrible facial hair all the while, the two want nothing more in the world than to deport Mexican immigrants. As in: all of them. Unsurprisingly, actual conservatives and Tea Party supporters are less than thrilled.
he promised that Mr. Swagger would “reclaim America” at the upcoming Wrestlemania annual pay-per-view event — presumably by out-grappling current WWE heavyweight champion Alberto Del Rio, whose in-ring persona is that of a clean-shaven, good-guy Mexican billionaire.