- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Zein Isa
While the Tucson, Ariz., shootings captured headlines and attention all across America from the moment they took place, another Arizona killing that should be in the news is not. Its absence is notable not only because of the nature of the crime but because the lack of coverage it has received demonstrates a part of the political rift and rage around the country as much as Tucson shooting suspect Jared Laughton did.
In a follow-up to its "Leaving Islam?" bus campagin, Stop the Islamization of America has launched a "pro-freedom" cab ad campaign in Chicago against honor killings.
Death by 'honor'