Had the chance to ask Ralph Friedgen about injuries today, namely whether anyone who’s been off the radar for the last month or so could re-emerge for the Dec. 30 Humanitarian Bowl.
None of the names are especially new, but worth passing along anyway.
* LaQuan Williams tried to practice last night, but his foot was bothering him. The sophomore wideout is going to visit a doctor Friday, and Friedgen said they would try to get Williams some orthotics.
“I don’t know if he’ll be ready or not,” Friedgen said.
* Quick predictions on a handful of players’ availability from Friedgen:
- Wideout Darrius Heyward-Bey: “I think will be.”
- Defensive tackle Travis Ivey: “I hope will be.”
- Nose tackle Dion Armstrong: “I hope will be.”
Friedgen said Armstrong tried to go last night, so that is probably pretty encouraging for his availability for a game still three weeks away.