- Amnesty International says Syria guilty of war crimes for food blockade
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: ‘We are going to crush them’
- Adam Lanza’s dad: He would’ve killed me ‘in a heartbeat’
- North Korea holds election: 100% turnout, Kim Jong-un gets — 100% of vote
- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
Only at The Washington Times: Reporters discuss the latest news on the 2009 Presidential Inauguration and President Obama.
Hillary Clinton is no longer presidential, senatorial or even first lady-ish. Overnight, she has become Madame Secretary of State.
During a concert last night honoring the nation's veterans, a vocalist with George Clinton's band held up a white towel with large block letters saying "[Expletive] GEORGE," which some audience members took as a jab at the outgoing commander-in-chief.
The National Park Service says it will not contest an estimate of the crowd at the National Mall on Inauguration Day to be a record 1.8 million, and says it will use that figure when referring to the inauguration in the future.
Pennsylvania Avenue could have been Wisteria Lane yesterday as four members of the "Desperate Housewives" team descended on Washington for inaugural festivities.
Pro-life group has message for President Obama.
The world watched as Barack Obama took oath as the 44th president of the United States on Tuesday and many foreigners in the District saw it up close.
Here are all the balls in the order that the Obamas went to them:
The Biden home state ball was a much less glamorous affair than the Neighborhood Ball, with a cover band to warm things up for the Obamas, playing "Love Shack."
There are 10 hot tickets in town tonight for sure, but anyone who likes hip-hop was cramming into the Youth Ball for a chance to see Kanye West.
Here is my pool report from the event:
Tony Goldwyn, co-president of the Creative Coalition, says that that it doesn't really matter whether a Democrat or a Republican is in the White House.
Barack Obama's speeches have a rhythm and lilt that are part of their appeal; he has made inspired use of quotes from the Bible to Abraham Lincoln to John F. Kennedy.
In a studied mix of high and low couture, Mrs. Obama paired her Isabel Toledo outfit with green gloves by J. Crew.
President Obama and his wife got out of their bulletproof limo and walked down Pennsylvania Avenue to wild cheers from the crowd.
Mink coats may be politically incorrect in some circles, but on a 20-degree day spent outdoors, there is nothing warmer.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Inauguration Blog Archives
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Investigators puzzle: How does a 777 jetliner just disappear into thin air?
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- CPAC 2014: Straw poll signals Paul-Cruz showdown
- Russia besieges Crimea as U.S. seeks diplomacy; Putin remains undeterred by Obama's sanctions
- U.S. deploys 12 F-16 fighter jets to Poland as exercise in response to Ukraine situation
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Spoiled-kid culture creates greedy adults
- 80 people publicly executed across North Korea for films, Bibles
- As Ukraine falls, Obama takes Key Largo golf vacation, Biden hits Virgin Islands