- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Only at The Washington Times: Reporters discuss the latest news on the 2009 Presidential Inauguration and President Obama.
Hillary Clinton is no longer presidential, senatorial or even first lady-ish. Overnight, she has become Madame Secretary of State.
During a concert last night honoring the nation's veterans, a vocalist with George Clinton's band held up a white towel with large block letters saying "[Expletive] GEORGE," which some audience members took as a jab at the outgoing commander-in-chief.
The National Park Service says it will not contest an estimate of the crowd at the National Mall on Inauguration Day to be a record 1.8 million, and says it will use that figure when referring to the inauguration in the future.
Pennsylvania Avenue could have been Wisteria Lane yesterday as four members of the "Desperate Housewives" team descended on Washington for inaugural festivities.
Pro-life group has message for President Obama.
The world watched as Barack Obama took oath as the 44th president of the United States on Tuesday and many foreigners in the District saw it up close.
Here are all the balls in the order that the Obamas went to them:
The Biden home state ball was a much less glamorous affair than the Neighborhood Ball, with a cover band to warm things up for the Obamas, playing "Love Shack."
There are 10 hot tickets in town tonight for sure, but anyone who likes hip-hop was cramming into the Youth Ball for a chance to see Kanye West.
Here is my pool report from the event:
Tony Goldwyn, co-president of the Creative Coalition, says that that it doesn't really matter whether a Democrat or a Republican is in the White House.
Barack Obama's speeches have a rhythm and lilt that are part of their appeal; he has made inspired use of quotes from the Bible to Abraham Lincoln to John F. Kennedy.
In a studied mix of high and low couture, Mrs. Obama paired her Isabel Toledo outfit with green gloves by J. Crew.
President Obama and his wife got out of their bulletproof limo and walked down Pennsylvania Avenue to wild cheers from the crowd.
Mink coats may be politically incorrect in some circles, but on a 20-degree day spent outdoors, there is nothing warmer.
Inauguration Blog Archives
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- PHILLIPS: Once-in-a-century stupidity
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public