These are some of the leading indicators that you may be addicted to work:
1. Do you get more excited about your work than about anything else?
2. Are there times when you can charge through your work and other times when you cannot get anything done?
3. Do you take work with you to bed? On vacation? On weekends?
4. Is work the activity you like to do best and talk about most?
5. Do you work more than 40 hours a week?
6. Do you turn your hobbies into moneymaking ventures?
7. Do you take complete responsibility for the outcome of your work efforts?
8. Have your family and friends given up on expecting you on time?
9. Do you take on extra work because you are concerned you otherwise won’t get it done?
10. Do you underestimate how long a project will take and then rush to complete it?
11. Do you believe it is OK to work long hours if you love what you are doing?
12. Do you get impatient with people who have other priorities besides work?
13. Are you afraid that if you don’t work hard, you will lose your job or be a failure?
14. Is the future a constant worry for you, even if things are going very well?
15. Do you do things energetically and competitively, including play?
16. Do you get irritated when people ask you to stop working to do something else?
17. Have your long hours hurt your family or other relationships?
18. Do you think about your work while driving, falling asleep or when others are talking?
19. Do you work during meals?
20. Do you believe more money will solve other problems in your life?
Source: Workaholics Anonymous