ASSOCIATIONS & NONPROFITS
• The National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship, the nation’s oldest survivor-led cancer advocacy organization, named Cathy Bonner president. Ms. Bonner, a cancer survivor and former executive director of the Texas Department of Commerce, will succeed longtime President Ellen Stovall, who will continue to serve as a senior adviser to the Washington-based organization.
• Eric Ebenstein joined AeA as a manager and counsel of domestic policy for the high-tech trade association. Mr. Ebenstein was a trial attorney for the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. He will be based in AeA’s Washington office.
• The Society for Human Resource Management appointed G. “Ravi” Ravindran managing director of the society’s India office. Most recently, he was senior vice president and head of global human resources for Covansys Inc.
ENGINEERING & ARCHITECTURE
• Philip J. Antis Sr. joined DMJM Design as principal of structural engineering at the firm’s Washington office.
• Skanska USA Building Inc. hired John W. Barotti as account manager and senior vice president for the company’s Rockville office. He will be responsible for expanding Skanska’s efforts in the federal market sector. Before joining Skanska, Mr. Barotti was a senior vice president of operations for Clark Construction.
• Pepper Hamilton LLP announced that Stanley R. Soya joined the firm as a partner in its Washington office. Mr. Soya, a government contracts and white-collar defense lawyer, joined Pepper Hamilton from Jackson Kelly PLLC in Washington, where he had been a partner since 2005. Before that, he was a partner with Morrison & Foerster LLP.
• Lonnie C. Rich and Edward S. Rosenthal formed a full-service law firm, Rich Rosenthal Manitta Dzubin & Kroeger LLP, with offices in the historic Torpedo Factory office building at 201 N. Union St., Alexandria.
• Consult2Comply, a Herndon provider of governance risk and compliance solutions, named Ranjit Kohli chief operating officer. The new COO was founder and chief executive of KMS BPO Solutions. He also was CEO of Acusign, a Verisign affiliate in India.