HE SAID WHAT?
“If he was Plaxico Burress the famed wheelchair-bound private detective, it doesn’t even really make the papers.” - Daily Show host Jon Stewart, riffing on Burress shooting himself in the leg
He has been lampooned and lambasted for shooting himself in the leg, but the hard truth is he’s likely headed for a longer jail term than Michael Vick.
His war with the Knicks finally boiled over when he and his teammates exchanged words — through the media, of course.
He’s wearing his coaching stint with the Raiders like a badge of honor: “You can’t go to school and learn crisis management like going there.”
With the winter meetings starting next week, we’ll soon know which team will make him the highest-paid pitcher in baseball.
He has made it this far with no losses, but his Crimson Tide haven’t played a team the caliber of No. 4 Florida, their opponent in the SEC title game.
TWT FIVE » NBA ROOKIES
Here’s how first-year players line up so far:
1. Derrick Rose, Bulls— He already looks like a star, shooting nearly 50 percent while averaging 18.4 points and taking a leadership role.
2. O.J. Mayo, Grizzlies — He’s making the high school hype look dead-on. He’s averaging 21.9 points and has gone for 30-plus in back-to-back games.
3. Michael Beasley, Heat — Preseason favorite putting up solid numbers off the bench for a playoff contender.
4. Greg Oden, Trail Blazers — With two double-doubles in a three-game stretch, he’s looking more comfortable each week.
5. D.J. Augustin, Bobcats — Forced his way into the lineup next to Raymond Felton and has scored in double figures in seven of his past eight games.