- The Washington Times - Thursday, February 21, 2008

Change of plans

Bon Jovi was on its way to Northern Illinois University on Feb. 14 when shooting broke out at the campus in DeKalb, Ill., the Chicago Sun-Times reports.

The band had been scheduled to rehearse at NIU’s Convocation Center near Cole Hall, where Steve Kazmierczak fatally shot five persons before taking his own life. “We were in the air at the time, so we didn’t get any further than the airport,” Jon Bon Jovi said. “When we landed, we were just told to get back on the plane and go home. But our crew and the stage and everything was there. Once things settled down, they just packed everything up and headed to Nebraska. What else can you do? ”

The band had to start its U.S. tour in Omaha on Monday without a full production rehearsal. Bon Jovi plays the Verizon Center with Daughtry on Feb. 28.

Nick battles tax man

Has Nicolas Cage been reading the Wesley Snipes handbook on taxes? The actor used his Los Angeles-based company, Saturn Productions, “to wrongly write off $3.3 million in personal expenses” and is fighting the Internal Revenue Service on payment, the New York Post said, citing a story on Forbes.com.

Mr. Cage’s business manager called the cited extravagances — which reportedly include “limos, meals, gifts, travel” and his Gulfstream jet — “security needs.” Mr. Cage has filed a U.S. Tax Court lawsuit disputing $814,000 in taxes and penalties, and Saturn is refusing to pay the IRS $988,000.

In praise of K-Fed

Despite all that’s going on in Kevin Federline’s life, his ex Shar Jackson says the “One Tree Hill” actor is doing “fabulous” and focusing on what’s important.

“He’s being daddy,” she tells People magazine. “You know, he can’t worry about what’s going on outside his household. “That’s the only way you can stay sane and stay focused,” says Miss Jackson, 31, the mother of two of Mr. Federline’s four children.

As for how his boys with Britney Spears, Preston, 2, and Jayden, 1, are doing, Miss Jackson says, “They’re good. I’ve always said he’s an amazing father… He’s an awesome dude. He makes mistakes — people do that. It’s part of life.”

Back on the job

Owen Wilson is going back to work for the first time since his reported suicide attempt last summer, Associated Press reports.

Mr. Wilson, 39, and co-star Jennifer Aniston begin shooting March 10 on 20th Century Fox’s “Marley & Me,” due out Christmas Day, the studio says.

After being hospitalized in August, Mr. Wilson dropped out of the upcoming comedy “Tropic Thunder,” which already was in production. He was replaced by Matthew McConaughey.

Compiled by Kevin Chaffee and Robyn-Denise Yourse from wire reports


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide