- The Washington Times - Tuesday, September 30, 2008

‘Runway’ delay

A judge says “Project Runway” can’t strut its stuff on the Lifetime TV channel, Associated Press reports.

A preliminary injunction ordered Friday by a New York judge came in a lawsuit filed by NBC Universal against the Weinstein Co. The company produces the fashion-design reality series, hosted by supermodel Heidi Klum.

NBC Universal had aired the series on its Bravo channel. It sued Weinstein after the production company made a reported $150 million deal with Lifetime for the show.

“Project Runway” had been expected to start airing on Lifetime in January. It is in production in Los Angeles.

Weinstein Co. says it plans to appeal the decision.

Fox yanks ‘Disturb’

Fox confirmed on Friday that it has canceled “Do Not Disturb,” making the show the first casualty of the new season.

On Thursday, the network already had pulled the first-year comedy from its lineup but said it hadn’t made a final decision on the show’s fate, TVWeek.com reports. By Friday, however, after mulling all possible scenarios, Fox decided it was time to check out of the 30-minute hotel-based sitcom for good.

“Disturb,” which starred Niecy Nash (Style TV’s “Clean House” and Comedy Central’s “Reno 911!”) and Jerry O’Connell (“Crossing Jordan”), averaged just 4 million viewers during its three-week run. A total of seven episodes of the show had been produced.

For now, Fox will fill its 9:30 p.m. Wednesday time slot with another episode of the almost-as-low-rated “‘Til Death,” TVWeek.com says.

Give ‘em Elle

Two local hopefuls are among the 11 contestants vying for a slot as a junior editor at Elle magazine on the CW’s new reality series “Stylista.”

Ashlie, a District native who’s a production assistant for Calvin Klein Dresses in New York, and Johanna, a 28-year-old China analyst who hails from Michigan but lives in Washington, will take on the nine other contenders when the series bows Oct. 22 at 9 p.m.

You know the drill.

One by one, the wannabes will be eliminated until the last fashionista standing will nab the job, a paid lease on a Manhattan apartment and a clothing allowance at H&M, all for one year, Zap2it.com reports.

Heading to Bravo

Bravo has acquired the off-network syndication rights for CBS’ summer series “Swingtown,” TelevisionWeek.com reports.

The series, which has yet to be renewed or canceled by the network, aired 13 episodes during its first season. Bravo will re-air them beginning in January.

Strong ratings for the series on cable may inspire production of future episodes, whether at Bravo, CBS or another network, TVWeek notes.

Compiled by Robyn-Denise Yourse from staff, Web and wire reports


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide