LOCAL POWER RANKINGS WHO’S GENERATING BUZZ IN THE D.C. AREA?
Sure, No. 17 hasn’t looked sharp, but he should be fine even if the first-team offense doesn’t score a touchdown Friday.
The Nationals probably got calls about the outfielder at the deadline but wisely decided he could be a big part of the future.
The Frederick, Md., native entered a rehab center for depression. Yep, that one-and-done college basketball rule is working.
The former Maryland QB won the starting job in San Francisco. Not bad for a guy who played one game in his first five seasons.
Virginia Tech’s QB has been impressive during fall workouts and will be key when the Hokies face Alabama in just nine days.
TWT FIVE ADDITIONAL REVENUE STREAMS FOR FEDEX FIELD
1. Pro wrestling - Anybody else game for Vince and the boys bringing WrestleMania to Landover? We are.
2. Rodeo - The cowboys inhabit Verizon Center every winter, and the stadium would make for a huge ring.
3. Jai alai - It’s big in Florida, and any event that can be bet on is sure to attract some kind of crowd.
4. High school football - Another chance for Dan Snyder to charge for parking.
5. Westminster dog show - Enough said.
THURSDAY’S BEST BET ON TELEVISION
Michael Vick returns to the NFL when Philadelphia hosts Jacksonville. 11 p.m., NFL Network (same-day tape)