ASSOCIATIONS, GOVERNMENT & NONPROFITS
• The Commodity Futures Trading Commission appointed Scott Schneider director of public affairs. Mr. Schneider was communications director for the Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship.
• Kimberly McCoy Burns of Linthicum and Jason R. Hill of Crownsville were appointed by the governor to the board of trustees of Anne Arundel Community College. Ms. Burns, who will serve a six-year term, maintains a law office in Annapolis. Mr. Hill, who earned an associate’s degree in nursing from the community college in May, was appointed to a one-year term as the student member of the board.
• Franklyn Baker was named chief program officer of Volunteers of America Chesapeake, a Lanham nonprofit. The group operates 24 programs that serve the homeless and the mentally ill, among others. Mr. Baker was most recently director of public-sector partnerships for Children’s National Medical Center in the District.
• Steven B. Nesmith joined Ocwen Financial Corp., a West Palm Beach, Fla., asset manager and provider of business process solutions, as senior vice president and assistant general counsel for strategic and government initiatives. Mr. Nesmith, a former assistant secretary of Housing and Urban Development during the George W. Bush administration, will work out of Ocwen’s D.C. office.
• TD Bank, a member of TD Bank Financial Group of Toronto, named Joshua E. Ferguson manager of its Centreville branch, where he will be responsible for new business development, consumer lending and managing personnel and day-to-day operations.
HIGH TECHNOLOGY & TELECOMMUNICATIONS
• Clifford Eby, former acting administrator of the Federal Railroad Administration, was named a senior vice president in the D.C. office of Parsons Brinckerhoff, a global infrastructure and construction management consultant.
RETAIL & HOSPITALITY
• Michele Pajot was named general manager for the Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center hotel. Ms. Pajot has spent 18 years with Marriott, most recently as general manager of the Charlotte Marriott SouthPark in Charlotte, N.C. She has also served as director of operations and director of finance at the Philadelphia Airport Marriott.