- The Washington Times - Thursday, March 12, 2009

CONOVER, N.C. (AP) - North Carolina authorities are looking for a man after a mother and three children were killed in their home.

The Catawba County Sheriff’s Office says the four bodies were found Thursday morning. A family friend had called 911 to say the woman was being attacked on her front porch near Conover, about 40 miles northwest of Charlotte.

The victims all had been either shot or stabbed to death. They included an adult daughter, a teenage daughter and a young boy.

Authorities are looking for a man who they say may know something about the slayings. They said the man is in his late 30s or early 40s, about 5-foot-10 and who was last seen wearing a blue hooded sweat shirt.

Authorities say the man is not believed to be the father of the family.



Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide