- The Washington Times - Friday, March 13, 2009

NEW ORLEANS (AP) - Former New Orleans Saints running back Deuce McAllister has settled a lawsuit against a Bourbon Street nightclub where he said he was manhandled by bouncers.

The settlement was confirmed Friday by McAllister’s attorney, Donald “Chick” Foret, who said it was reached last week. Foret said the details were confidential.

McAllister’s suit claimed he was manhandled during Mardi Gras 2004 by bouncers at Razzoo Bar and Patio. Razzoo was the bar were Levon Jones, a 25-year-old Georgia Southern student, died after three bouncers held him on the sidewalk outside the club.

One bouncer was acquitted of manslaughter and charges were dropped against the other two.

A call and e-mail to the bar’s attorney seeking comment were not immediately returned.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide