$1.2 million: That was the haul in illegal drugs and cash on hand that police seized from fans at a recent Phish reunion in Hampton, Va. According to this week’s Associated Press report, the band paid for the nearly 200 cops who did the arresting and confiscating. Sounds like quite the operation.
1. Tour, tour, tour — The Vermonters are slated to play more dates this summer. But we need more, please. Every major metropolitan region needs this kind of stimulus.
2. Become a publicly traded company — Phish Inc. We’re calling our broker right now.
3. Open a bank — With many major financial institutions underwater and with Phish fans apparently in possession of disposable cash, we see lending opportunities here.
4. Invest in “green” transportation — President Obama says future economic growth depends in part on green energy. That reminds us that Phish and its fans necessarily do a lot of driving.
5. Buy a major record label — With the industry tanking, there’s surely a bargain to be had.