WEDNESDAY’S BEST BET ON TELEVISION
Get ready for the two best days in sports with the best NIT matchup — Miami at Providence. 7 p.m., ESPN2
NEWSMAKERS » WHO’S MAKING HEADLINES THIS WEEK
His Louisville Cardinals are the overall No. 1 seed, and that commercial with Pitino and Christian Laettner is brilliant.
The rest of the nation (well, whoever’s paying attention to women’s hoops) is about to learn a lot about the Terps’ star.
Plenty of teams would throw their quarterbacks under a bus to get Cutler, but would that possibly include the Redskins? Nah.
NFLPA wanted change. Who better to turn to than a lawyer who has been involved with President Barack Obama?
Maybe sitting out all that time waiting for a better contract DIDN’T strengthen his hamstring after all.
TWT FIVE » ANNOYING BRACKET PICKS
1. Four No. 1 seeds — Yes, it happened last year. But when analysts, one after the other, forecast this, it just makes them look gutless. And really, what are the chances that happens two years in a row?
2. No. 16 beats No. 1 — This is usually followed by laughter, so just avoid it.
3. Nickname paranoia — Some personal… experience here, but Tigers vs. Tigers in a national title game won’t help you win.
4. Loving the locals — School pride is one thing, but Maryland, Morgan State, Radford, American and VCU shouldn’t all be Sweet 16 teams.
5. Real dark horses — You have a double-digit seed like Western Kentucky winning the title? You’re better off investing that money in a Subway footlong sandwich.