- The Washington Times - Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A D.C. fire official said a 49-year-old man and his two teenage sons are in serious condition after they were found at their Northwest Washington home, where high carbon monoxide readings were detected.

Spokesman Pete Piringer of the D.C. Fire and Emergency Services said a 15-year-old boy had an appointment with a counselor and called to say he didn’t feel well. He said the counselor could tell something was wrong and contacted authorities.

When emergency workers arrived at the home on Seaton Place Northwest on Tuesday afternoon, they forced the door open, and the boy’s father stumbled out semiconscious. The boy and his twin brother were found unconscious upstairs.

Mr. Piringer said extremely high levels of carbon monoxide were found in the home.

He said all three have regained consciousness and were taken to hospitals in serious condition.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide