- Associated Press - Monday, April 14, 2014

HANOVER, N.H. (AP) - Authorities think an electrical problem is to blame for a house fire in Hanover, N.H., in which the occupants were facing eviction.

The ranch house in Hanover was destroyed by the fire Sunday afternoon. The residents, a brother and sister, escaped unhurt.

The Valley News reports (https://bit.ly/1m22MBy) Town Manager Julia Griffin said the town took the siblings’ property deed in 2011 in lieu of unpaid taxes, water and sewer bills. They were scheduled to be evicted by June 2.

The building was considered unstable.

Hanover Police Sgt. Brad Sargent said he did not think the fire was criminal in nature.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide