- Associated Press - Friday, August 15, 2014

BILLINGS, Mont. (AP) - Authorities have identified the woman killed in a Billings house fire as the home’s 73-year-old resident.

Yellowstone County Deputy Coroner Chad Fehr says Nadine Evensen died of smoke inhalation after the fire early Thursday.

The Billings Gazette reports an ambulance took Evensen to a hospital, where she died.

Deputy Fire Marshal Jaime Fender tells KULR-TV that the fire appears to have been caused by an electrical item.

The fire caused an estimated $150,000 in damages to the house.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide